Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Overstock.com is bogus.

Now I'm not really into blatantly bashing companies over the internet, but, being the product of a consumer-oriented degree, I need to get this out there as to warn potential customers.


DO NOT SHOP AT OVERSTOCK.COM.


I just recently purchased two LG computer monitors from their online store, and upon giving these bad boys a test drive, I found a damaged pixel in monitor numero dos.


Ok, not-so-big-a-deal.  I figured I would just make an exchange for a new monitor and no harm done.


But when I received the new monitor and plugged it in, I found that the same exact pixel was busted.


I contacted customer service again and told them that I'd like a guarantee on a working product or a refund on my purchase.  The representative explained to me that they thoroughly test all of their products, but cannot guarantee that they would be in working condition.


Wait a minute.  So... They're telling me that they test their products but apparently have a shipment of LG monitors with noticeable and identical damaged pixels?


I see something wrong with this picture.  They obviously don't test their products, and as a result, they've attached LG's name to their half-assed business practices.  LG would not be happy, and neither am I.  So I let Iris, my customer rep, know that a tweak in the testing process is probably overdue.


Soon thereafter, I ended up going the refund route and will never buy a product from their website ever again.


Which now that I've gotten all of this off my chest, I have a "bigger picture" idea involving this debacle which will turn into a post sometime before the day's end.  Stay tuned for a revolution... 


Or I may just be drinking too much coffee.  We'll find out soon enough.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa. "They thoroughly test all of their products, but cannot guarantee that they would be in working condition." Okay, hold the phone, Iris from Overstock.com: Joseph Heller called and he wants his patented brand of bureaucratic absurdity back.

    This is seriously one of the more ludicrous stories I've ever heard. Thanks for the heads-up about Overstock.com!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that totally sucks. At least you were able to get your refund without too much of a hassle, right?

    Thanks for the well wishes, I'm resting at home now, still trying to get over that hardcore anesthesia. I hope you're recovery went/is going well also!

    ReplyDelete